Contents of the new Icelandic e-cigarette Bill:
1. The maximum nicotine concentration is specified
2. Electronic cigarettes that attract children's taste are prohibited
3. Introduce age limits for nicotine consumption
The bill not only limits the age of consumption of e-cigarettes, but also limits the age of consumers of other nicotine products.
The smoking rate in Iceland is very low, only 7%, compared with Sweden. After the popularity of e-cigarettes in Iceland, the smoking rate has decreased rapidly. Iceland's new bill seeks to protect children at the expense of adult smokers and e-cigarette users. E-cigarettes have a lower risk than smoking. Is nicotine the cause of death from smoking?
1. Nicotine is not a carcinogen
2. Lung cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and cardiovascular disease are the main causes of smoking death
3. Nicotine is also used in nicotine replacement therapy
Taste bans may drive teenagers to re-enter the larger illegal market for smoking. The new e-cigarette bill in Iceland is currently under discussion